IBTimes UK advises its users to back-up all important data (including APN settings) before proceeding. Ensure also a minimum of 80 percent battery charge, the device is factory unlocked and you have downloaded USB drivers for the Tab 2 10.1 (USB debugging must be enabled – follow steps here). Finally, remember this firmware works only with the Tab 2 10.1 (model number P5100). So please check the model number of your device before proceeding any further.
Steps to Install Android 4.0.4 XXBLH2 to Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- Download Android 4.0.4 XXBLH2 and extract file
- Download Odin v1.85
- Turn device off and place into Download Mode (simultaneously press Volume Up and Power buttons until a warning message appears; then press Power button to enter Download Mode)
- Start Odin (on the computer) and connect Tab (while in Download Mode)
- Inside Odin, select the following files in the order mentioned
- Click on PDA and select file CODE
- Click on Phone and select file MODEM
- Click on CSC and select file CSC
- Click on PIT and select file .pit
- Note: Ignore files in last three steps (Modem, CSC and .pit) if not visible
- Start installation from Odin. This should take a few minutes
- Upon completion, the Galaxy Tab will re-start and will boot into new firmware
Congratulations… your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is running Android 4.0.4 XXBLH2. You can check version of new software by navigating to Settings About Tablet.